1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

A long forgotton weird one...

Discussion in 'Neurological/cognitive/vision' started by Hell..hath..no..fury..., Mar 13, 2018.

1. Hell..hath..no..fury...

Hell..hath..no..fury... Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I've gotta write this one down before i forget and while i'm still in the middle of dying.

This is one of those long forgotten weird ones that i haven't noticed for 20 years since the early days of 40 plus symptoms a day.

I'm currently in freefall since russia, fighting a fever, glands swollen, sore throat, brain feels 100 times too big for my skull, as well as the rest of the usual ME bullsh*t.

Totally forgot about this freaky little symptom! And not sure i've ever heard it described by anyone so would be interested if anyone has any remote clue what i'm talking about o_O

Very hard to describe; imagine looking at the room in front of you....

Then imagine, the image in front of you suddenly becomes a rectangle shaped, still snapshot/picture just like a photograph as though the brain has literally taken a photograph through the eyes... The only thing missing is the lens shutter sound.

That rectangle frozen image then shifts off center slightly, which is what makes it more noticeable, then vanishes, then the normal, moving, real life image re-appears again from behind it and all is back to normal.

It just happened 5 mins ago and it was like being reunited with an old aquaintance from eons ago that i forgot even existed :nailbiting:

Its one of those symptoms, i wouldnt even dream of telling a doctor in case they locked me up before i could even say 'can i have my pyjamas please' o_O

Joh, zzz, MarcNotMark and 10 others like this.
  2. Hell..hath..no..fury...

Hell..hath..no..fury... Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  3. Mithriel

Mithriel Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Migraine has all sorts of strange symptoms so a brain disease like ME is bound to share them. I often think that the BPS theories have robbed the world of a useful tool to examine how the brain and body work because we get these things and then they go away so they could give valuable insight into how things work.
    Hope you feel better soon.