1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Solve webinar: Navigating Public and Private Disability Insurance with ME/CFS

Discussion in 'Work, Finances and Disability Insurance' started by Emily Taylor, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Emily Taylor

Emily Taylor Senior Member (Voting Rights)

2nd Annual EmPOWER M.E. Roundtable: Navigating Public and Private Disability Insurance with ME/CFS

[​IMG]

We're less than a week away from the 2nd Annual EmPOWER M.E. Roundtable: Navigating Public and Private Disability Insurance with ME/CFS. Since we could not be there in person, we will bring the panel to the comfort of your own home.

Join us ONLINE for the 2nd Annual EmPOWER M.E. Roundtable on Monday, April 20th at 1 pm ET.

The online education workshop will lead a conversation between legal and medical experts in the field as they share their advice on applying, appealing, and documenting your case for Public and Private Disability Insurance with ME/CFS.

If you are not registered yet, please register here.

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2868794468387936523

Otherwise, you are welcome to access the event without registration at any point before or during the panel (Webinar ID: 657-464-579). If you had registered for the in-person event, we have added you to the registration list and you should’ve received information about how to log in to the panel. If you are having any trouble at all please email nataliag@beekeepergroup.com.

[​IMG]

Sharon Stevenson, DVM, PhD

Board Certified Patient Advocate

Bellwether Care, Inc.

Panelists

[​IMG]
    Lucinda Bateman, MD
    Founder & Medical Director
    Bateman-Horne Center

[​IMG]

Andrew M. Kantor
    Associate Attorney
    Kantor & Kantor, LLP

[​IMG]

Moselle C. Leland
    Law Offices of Judith S. Leland
    APLC

[​IMG]
    Christopher Snell, PhD
    Scientific Advisory Committee Chair
    Workwell Foundation

Sponsors

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Tom Kindlon

Tom Kindlon Senior Member (Voting Rights)

[I'd be interested in hearing feedback from people outside the US about whether this is useful for private insurance cases outside the US. A lot of US advice can be useful, but some can be very specific to the US system. Tom]

SolveCFS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d16TLhg2RlQ

Esther12 likes this.
  3. Samuel

Samuel Senior Member (Voting Rights)

i have never found webinars possible to attend. it is not within my health capacity.

signing up, being organized, not having emergencies, being awake, not being too sick, dealing with technical issues, and many more things make it completely impossible.

so webinars don't do it for me. if it were possible to ask questions by email, in a dialogue format so that it were possible to correct misunderstood questions, that could be useful in principle. things take time when sick. allow days or weeks to compose.

until something like that occurs, webinars are like watching some alien planet.

i'm geniuinely glad their target audience is being helped by them. i know i will never be helped by them.

and i know that i am alien to that planet too. except, i am probably never thought of. i know they exist, but they don't know i exist.

webinars fly by, healthy folk fly by, everybody gets married, they experience youth and beauty, growth, happy memories, maybe a few hours without stress from carer yelling at them for asking for food or medicine.

i lie here getting sicker, and older, and years and a century marker fly by, and i know that another webinar will fly by, and i know that nothing will be "solved" in my lifetime without a miracle.
    and we have to create that miracle.

but the solution at present will be a webinar. on an alien planet.

Last edited: May 16, 2020
    alktipping, Simbindi and Trish like this.
  4. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Kantor & Kantor and Workwell Foundation to Jointly Offer a CLE Session on Disability Insurance for those with COVID-19 and ME/CFS
    https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...-those-with-covid-19-and-mecfs-301320464.html

alktipping, ahimsa, MEMarge and 3 others like this.
  5. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Winning Isn't Easy: Eight Common Reasons Why ME/CFS Long-Term Disability Claims Get Denied

https://caveylaw.com/frequent-questions/ | Long-Term and ERISA Disability attorney Nancy Cavey hosts a podcast to inform disability insurance policyholders of what they should know before they stop working and apply for their disability insurance benefits, or appeal a wrongful denial or termination of their claim. In this episode, Attorney Cavey details some of the most common reasons that Long-Term Disability Insurance companies will deny claims for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, so you know what to look out for before you submit your claim for disability benefits. Nancy Cavey is a St. Petersburg, Florida based Long-Term and ERISA Disability attorney who can help you file a claim for benefits no matter where you live in the United States.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9SNFW9d6xk

alktipping and ahimsa like this.
  6. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

ahimsa likes this.