1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ongoing UK PIP/ESA assessment Inquiry Dec 2017

Discussion in 'Advocacy Action Alerts' started by It's M.E. Linda, Dec 15, 2017.

1. It's M.E. Linda

It's M.E. Linda Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I have been following the Committee for Works & Pensions "Inquiry" into the assessments, having supplied 2 pieces of evidence to them.

The Committee have heard evidence at 3 oral evidence sessions so far and next Wednesday 20 Dec 2017 9.30, there should be an interesting one when the following will be attending:-

Paul Gray CB, Leader of the Independent Reviews of PIP and Chair of the Social Security Advisory Committee, Department for Work and Pensions
    Dr Paul Litchfield OBE, Leader of the 2013 and 2014 Independent Reviews of the ESA Work Capability Assessment
    Sarah Newton MP, Minister for Disabled People, Health and Work, Department for Work and Pensions

I shall look forward to catching up with that one, a bit at a time.

Indigophoton, Wonko, Graham and 8 others like this.
  2. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Please don't take this as a request for you to put work into writing out anything extensive, but if anything in particular strikes you it would be good to hear about it. I've not been following this inquiry, but the bits that I do see mentioned are often interesting.

It's M.E. Linda likes this.