1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Petition 122600 to the German Bundestag: Healthcare, Scientific Research and Political Support for ME/CFS Sufferers!, 2021

Discussion in 'Petitions' started by Andy, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

[Can be signed by anybody]

Quote:

Our Pleas to the German Bundestag

We ask the German Bundestag to commit itself to the provision of healthcare appropriate to the disease severity of ME/CFS, in particular by amending ยง 116b SGB V as well as through awareness campaigns.

Further, we ask the House to give hope to ME/CFS sufferers by investing extensively in biomedical research on their disease.

Finally, we ask the Parliament to stand by those affected on a permanent basis, for example by appointing a designated representative or by creating an inter-factional working group.

A guide on how to sign, https://signformecfs.com/?page_id=126
    and step-by-step instructions (both in English), https://signformecfs.com/?page_id=217

Direct link to petition, https://epetitionen.bundestag.de/petitionen/_2021/_04/_09/Petition_122600.$$$.a.u.html

ETA: Moved the "how to sign" links ahead of the direct to petition link as it seems that people have been missing them.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    Ash, epipnoia, Wonko and 22 others like this.
  2. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

3. Solstice

Solstice Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2021
    MSEsperanza, Hutan, sebaaa and 5 others like this.
  4. Peter Trewhitt

Peter Trewhitt Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thank you @Solstice, I started the process, but put off proceeding when I was asked to register, intending to come back when more cognitively alert. However though I have some German, your lists will be very helpful in priming my vocabulary.

MSEsperanza, Hutan, sebaaa and 5 others like this.
  5. Joh

Joh Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thank you for starting this thread! :)

Since I saw the question elsewhere, just as an info: The petition will definitely be reviewed in the Petitions Committee of the Bundestag and a decision will be made on the demands, regardless of how many signatures are received.

But if 50,000 signatures are reached, there would be a public hearing and the petitioners (four pwME) could speak in person to the members of the committee, which would of course bring much more attention. Either way, as many signatures as possible are helpful to give weight to the demands and show public interest.

The four pwME organising the petition are well informed and committed (which I think you can also see from their website). They also organised the successful "Go Fund ME/CFS" campaign for Dr Prusty's research last year.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
    Ariel, MSEsperanza, Hutan and 11 others like this.
  6. Joh

For those who prefer not to sign online (and create an account), or for those who would like to collect signatures, there is also the option to print out a list and send it via postal mail or telefax to the Bundestag.

Signature list (English): https://www.signformecfs.de/downloads/SIGNforMECFS - Unterschriftenliste - EN-01.pdf
    Petition as handout (English): https://www.signformecfs.de/downloads/SIGNforMECFS - Handout - EN-01.pdf

If you choose ordinary mail, please send the lists until November 9 to the following postal address:

Deutscher Bundestag
    Sekretariat des Petitionsausschusses
    Platz der Republik 1
    11011 Berlin
    GERMANY

If you choose telefax, the transmission can be made until November 9 via this number:

0049 30 / 227-36053

MSEsperanza, Hutan, sebaaa and 8 others like this.
  7. alktipping

alktipping Senior Member (Voting Rights)

done

MSEsperanza, Hutan and Joh like this.
  8. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Really hard to do using the instructions because it's too many details to follow side-by-side but with a browser that translates pages it's pretty easy. So if it's too much to follow try it with a browser that has a "Translate this page" option somewhere. I used Chrome.

9. Joh

10. Joh

Video from two of the petitioners.

(Added the quote function as the big picture might be a sensory overload.)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
  11. cfsandmore

cfsandmore Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The instructions were a life saver.

12. Andy

Andy Committee Member

4416 signatures, 22 days left.

sebaaa, alktipping, Trish and 3 others like this.
  13. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

14. Joh

15. Joh

Ariel, Ron, MSEsperanza and 13 others like this.
  16. Joh

17. Lilas

Lilas Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Signed ! :)

Ariel, MSEsperanza, diwa and 7 others like this.
  18. SNT Gatchaman

SNT Gatchaman Senior Member (Voting Rights)

19. Helene

Helene Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Done & passed on to a relative in Germany. She told me she had already seen it & shared it on social media even though she's not part of an ME community so it's definitely has good visibility in Germany!

Ariel, MSEsperanza, diwa and 8 others like this.
  20. Joh

An update from the team of Sign for ME/CFS:

October 22nd, 2021

After a little less than ten days, #SIGNforMECFS passed the 10,000 online signatures mark this morning. We are very grateful for the support. Thank you very much! The best news is: With the current development, achieving the quorum of 50,000 signatures would be a real possibilty, as a mathematician has immediately calculated and illustrated (Twitter). For this, it is crucial that our petition continues to receive as much support as possible and, in particular, continues to be shared and disseminated on all channels.

We are particularly pleased that in recent days a number of prominent individuals have publicly supported our petition and called on people to sign it. These include Judith Holofernes, Katrin Langensiepen (MEP), Smudo, Marina Weisband and others. This support from society and politics is so valuable not only because it contributes to the success of our petition, but also because it sends us ME/CFS sufferers the kind of signals we have had to wait for in vain for so many decades: we are no longer invisible and no longer forgotten.

https://signformecfs.com/?page_id=134

Ariel, FMMM1, Ron and 12 others like this.