1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

POTS/Exercise intolerance treated with Humira

Discussion in ''Conditions related to ME/CFS' news and research' started by belbyr, Mar 31, 2023.

Tags:
  1. belbyr

belbyr Established Member (Voting Rights)

Hutan, DokaGirl and Peter Trewhitt like this.
  2. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards Senior Member (Voting Rights)

This should never have been let through peer review like this.
    All it shows is that if you have bad enough ankylosing spondylitis to justify Humira - i.e. you have constant pain, fatigue and inability to sleep comfortably - then if you also have postural tachycardia it may be improved if you get a dramatic improvement in all the Ank spond symptoms. Which would hardly be surprising.

Ank spond isn't autoimmune so I don't see any reason why improvement in POTS makes it likely to be autoimmune either.

And I have no idea how they decided which symptoms were part of 'POTS' when most of them would be explained by the AS.

Lisa108, FMMM1, Hutan and 8 others like this.
  3. Mister Person

Mister Person Established Member (Voting Rights)

Did pots end up with CFS with that FAABs test showing it was absoluteluseless?
    Yes I found the thread about it, hard to find gee. That halcyon guy somehow predicted this. Hwo cool
    https://forums.phoenixrising.me/thr...iable-as-an-indication-of-autoimmunity.88076/

Last edited: Jul 15, 2023
    Peter Trewhitt likes this.