1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Report on #SpeakUp project, to help improve health and social care provision for people with ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia in Sheffield

Discussion in 'UK clinics and doctors' started by Tom Kindlon, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Tom Kindlon

Tom Kindlon Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I haven’t read it yet but looking at the infographics, this isn’t really specific to Sheffield i.e. could be of interest to people elsewhere including in other countries.

This summer Sheffield ME & Fibromyalgia Group worked with Healthwatch Sheffield on the #SpeakUp project, to help improve health and social care provision for people with ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia in Sheffield - and now we're delighted to share the results with you!

On our blog you can find a summary of our findings and recommendations, along with links to a two-page infographic, and the full report.

There's also news about the #SpeakUp Working Group, our ongoing project collaborating with local decision makers from the NHS, Sheffield City Council and other organisations who support our members.

Thank you so much to everyone who has shared their experiences and been involved in this campaign. We'll continue to work to make sure your voices are heard.

https://www.sheffieldmegroup.co.uk/post/speakup-the-results

Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
    ahimsa, Amw66, sebaaa and 11 others like this.
  2. It's M.E. Linda

It's M.E. Linda Senior Member (Voting Rights)

We have finally been given the contact details of who will be leading implementation of the NICE Guideline in our County.

Sheffield’s excellent report/Infographs arrived in my inbox this week, so the members of our little working group are busy reading it all to ‘borrow’ as much as we can (amending to suit a large rural county, instead of a busy city) to share with our ICB (Integrated Care Board).

Thank you Sheffield!

bobbler, RedFox, alktipping and 7 others like this.
  3. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

@Gecko hope it’s ok to tag you. id be interested to know whether Sheffield Healthwatch are going to be sharing this with national Healthwatch and other local Healthwatch organisations.

I’m going to use this to contact my local Health watch and the ICB in the new year.

4. Gecko

Gecko Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Hey @NelliePledge - always okay to tag me :)

Sheffield ME and Fibromyalgia Group will be asking Sheffield Healthwatch to share with other Healthwatch groups and the national team. Sounds like a great idea to approach your local healthwatch and ICB with the results. I'm sure the Sheffield team would be interested to hear any outcomes from this - do let them know on info@sheffieldmegroup.co.uk

5. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

Great news. You have a good relationship with Healthwatch and I’m hoping that will influence them here to maybe have a meeting with me next year. It will be so useful to compare the ME desert here to the set up you have over in Sheffield. I really want to make a step beyond just being one person emailing junior staff at the ICB…..