1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Solve ME/CFS Initiative Community Advisory Council

Discussion in 'Advocacy Projects and Campaigns' started by Andy, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

From an email from Solve.

I’m so proud to announce that our inaugural 2020 Community Advisory Council (CAC) will join the growing list of Solve M.E. programs dedicated to ME/CFS advocacy, education, and engagement. Developed with the assistance of people with ME/CFS and other ME/CFS organization leaders, the CAC creates a new channel for sharing the information that matters most to our community.

We know that the ME/CFS community includes many individuals who are incredibly knowledgeable about the disease and have accumulated years of wisdom and experience in the fight against it. With the creation of the CAC, community members now have a formal way to share their valuable ideas and insights with Solve M.E. and help shape our strategy to help build better lives for people with ME/CFS.

[​IMG]

Solve M.E. is calling for nominations for individuals to serve as inaugural members of the CAC. Those selected for the inaugural period of 2020-2022 will play a crucial role in promoting greater communication and collaboration between Solve M.E. and the broader ME/CFS community.

CAC membership is open to anyone by nomination (including self-nomination) and is especially encouraged for people with ME/CFS, caregivers and family, advocates, academic partners, and public health professionals.

To learn more about the CAC or to submit a nomination for the inaugural class of CAC members, please visit: http://go.solvecfs.org/e/192652/cac-/21xbzd/131141625?h=LjkkfCwPyRNfT9qrg5zvAz2zse2myjo8sD9CrGdQQrk

2. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I the read announcement and the nomination form (PDF) which covers a bit more about the nomination process.

But I haven't found out how large this advisory council should be. How many volunteers do they want/need for this council?

I'm not planning to nominate myself, I'm just curious.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    Andy, Dolphin and Trish like this.
  3. Emily Taylor

Emily Taylor Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Moderator's note: Merged thread

[​IMG]

Solve ME/CFS Initiative operates many programs and efforts regarding advocacy, education, and engagement and the new Community Advisory Council will create a formal mechanism for stakeholder input.

On May 31, 2019, Carol Head transitioned to a member of the Board of Directors due to her health. Carol led Solve M.E. with a patients’ experience and perspective which we continue to prioritize in our organization’s programs and research. With this in mind, Solve M.E. is calling for nominations for the new Community Advisory Council (CAC). The CAC will serve as a stakeholder mechanism to improve and promote communication and collaboration between Solve M.E. and the broader ME/CFS community.

CAC membership is open to anyone by nomination (including self-nomination) and is especially encouraged for people with ME/CFS, caregivers and family, advocates, academic partners, and public health professionals. We hope the CAC will increase community awareness, facilitate community education and support, and provide valuable input to improve programs and projects executed by Solve M.E.

To learn more about the CAC or to submit a nomination for the inaugural class of Community Advisory Council members, please visit www.solvecfs.org/CAC

Submissions for the 2020 – 2022 Class of Community Advisory Council Members will be accepted between October 10th, 2019 and December 20th, 2019.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2019
    Andy, Barry, MyalgicE and 13 others like this.
  4. Cinders66

Cinders66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Looks good. I think that Australia Likewise has this approach.

Trish likes this.
  5. MyalgicE

MyalgicE Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Bit different: short-term government-appointed committee and was only about developing a report for government. Had a few CBT/GET proponents on it and some of the others had little relevant experience.
    I wrote about the make-up of the committee if you are interested: https://meaustralia.net/2018/04/23/australian-governments-me-and-cfs-advisory-committee/

Solve’s nomination process looks like a good one.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    Cinders66 and Barry like this.
  6. Emily Taylor

Emily Taylor Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks for sharing, @MyalgicE - Always looking for ways to improve our process!

MyalgicE likes this.