1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Spinal MRI results

Discussion in 'General and other signs and symptoms' started by Marky, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Marky

Marky Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Hey!

Wondered if anyone knew what these results mean, and if it can or can not have any relevance to ME. Only included what was presumably abnormal

-Dehydrated discus intervertebralis C5/C6 and C6/C7
    -in C7/TH1 there is subtotal vertebral fusion
    -Mild degeneration in discus invertebralis L5/S1

Thaanks!

2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I don't know how old you are, Marky, but doing a quick google search I'm wondering if this is something that is normal as we age??

Marky, ladycatlover, DokaGirl and 2 others like this.
  3. Wonko

Wonko Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I must admit this was my thinking - he's stated as being 29 on his profile BTW, so shouldn't really be in the bits dropping off stage yet.

But I am not a medical type person, so I made the decision not to post :wtf:

4. borko2100

borko2100 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I am no expert, but the diagnoses listed usually do not cause spinal cord compression or neurological symptoms. The most common culprits are herniated discs and narrowed spinal canals. As long as the spinal cord is not being compressed, there should be no cause for concern. If there was compression it would have been mentioned. The best way to tell is to inspect the MRI yourself. Usually it is not very difficult to see if there is obvious compression going on.

Marky, ladycatlover and DokaGirl like this.
  5. Marky

Marky Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks @borko2100 @Wonko @TigerLilea! Yea my GP said she looked it up and it was assumed to be normal. I just thought it was early when ive just turned 29 to have a dehydrated and DEGENERATIVE back :D Well, well.. At least I cant do much walking anyway..

I was curious anyway after all this about CCI.. I dont want to find out in 30 years that I could have gotten an upright MRI or whatever and gotten healthy. Ill double check possible compression, but I believe it was stated that there was none nor stenosis

Amw66 and andypants like this.