1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

The increased cellular permeability syndrome manifesting as severe idiopathic type urinary incontinence, 2019, Check & Check

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research' started by Dolphin, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Free full text:
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/academia.e...G_Canada_full_dergi20191028-29026-1rwjffk.pdf

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    Lidia, Andy and Wonko like this.
  2. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards Senior Member (Voting Rights)

This syndrome seems to have been invented by the authors and there seem to be no papers about it by anyone else.

I am not sure what the abstract is supposed to mean.

3. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

There's a whole lot to unpack here and I'm not sure how we get from cellular permeability to urinary incontinence and sprinkle in some fibromyalgia and CFS in the process.

https://www.researchgate.net/public..._The_increased_cellular_permeability_syndrome
    Uhhhh. Yeah I'll just pretend the last 5 minutes of my life were actually a vivid sensory hallucination and move on.

4. alktipping

alktipping Senior Member (Voting Rights)

is there anything that is considered as unpublishable by these editors or has publishing turned into a free for all .

duncan and Trish like this.
  5. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Actually it has turned into a quite expensive for all. Generally speaking people have to pay to get their rubbish published. But in the metaphorical sense yes, journals will publish anything. They email me every day to ask if I have something I want them to publish, despite not knowing who I am. They also email me to ask if I would like to sit on their editorial board, despite not knowing who I am.

Hutan, Milo, TrixieStix and 3 others like this.