‘I could bench-press 100kg. Now, I can’t walk’: Lucy’s life with long Covid

Discussion in 'Long Covid news' started by Eleanor, Jun 5, 2024.

1. Eleanor

Eleanor Senior Member (Voting Rights)

ahimsa, Deanne NZ, EzzieD and 12 others like this.
  2. Eleanor

Eleanor Senior Member (Voting Rights)

ahimsa, Deanne NZ, Moosie and 13 others like this.
  3. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Good article. The amalgam descriptions really emphasize how this is pretty much ME/CFS for the most part. This is what I saw from the start, after a few hundreds the pattern is obvious. I don't understand how thousands of medical professionals exposed to hundreds of those cases can't see them. It's frankly absurd. After 4 years, the profession is still stuck firmly in the 19th century. And it's impossible to win a single battle here, because they can just do whatever they feel like even when they're proven wrong.

Still ironic how The Guardian basically does both sides here: supports the discrimination and gaslighting on one hand, reports about its devastating impacts, sometimes competently, on the other. Bit like selling munitions to both sides in a war. As long as the fighting continues, you can make money. As long as you don't care much about what's right or moral.

Randomly thinking of a Lords of illness type of movie, similar to Lord of war with Nicolas Cage. I really don't see a difference in terms of immorality.

Deanne NZ, horton6, Sean and 10 others like this.
  4. DigitalDrifter

DigitalDrifter Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Great movie. At some point Nicolas Cage's character says he refused to do business with Osama bin Laden, not for any moral concern but because he was known for missing payments.

Deanne NZ, rvallee, Missense and 2 others like this.
  5. SNT Gatchaman

SNT Gatchaman Senior Member (Voting Rights)