16th World Congress on Controversies in Neurology CONy (London, UK, March 24-27, 2022.)

Discussion in 'Other health news and research' started by Wyva, Feb 12, 2022.

1. Wyva

Wyva Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I just accidentally came across this and thought it was worth checking.

This is the website.

And this is the preliminary programme in PDF.

No mention of ME/CFS, no mention of POTS and even covid hasn't got a lot of attention.

These are the only covid-related "controversies" I found:

- Cannabis and Covid 19: is the benefit worth the risk

- Is the post COVID-19 headache a secondary post infections headache or worsening of preexisting primary headache disorder?
    Capsule: The reports on the neurological findings in COVID-19 infection are increasing rapidly and headache seems to be the leader on the symptom list. Is persistence headache a new post-infectious entity?

- Covid 19 is the perfect storm for emergence of parkinsonism
    Capsule:Evidence suggests that Covid-19 can aggravate specific motor and non-motor symptoms of PD. But could the mechanisms behind the infection play a role in the emergence of a novel parkinsonian syndrome

--
    There is of course:

- Functional neurological disorders Mark Hallett, USA

2. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

So there are literally millions more people who understand POTS better than the medical specialty that should be dealing with it, in which that number is probably in the low thousands. Even during the most significant explosion of cases, neurology is completely oblivious to what's happening in its own house.

For a while POTS was getting most of the LC attention, I thought neurology was finally in the process of getting its shit together. Still can't even name it, like it's Voldemort or something like that. Incredible.

But, hey, at least they give some time to that astrology for physicians thing. Now that's super duper important stuff, which, coincidentally I'm sure, is the main reason they are missing the biggest explosion of neurological disease in history. Genuinely like a meteorologist who can't see the hurricane that's sent them careening down the street and can't understand why everyone is acting weird around them.