A MAPP Network Case-Control Study of Urologic Chronic Pelvic Pain Compared with Non-Urologic Pain Conditions, 2019, Afari et al

Discussion in 'Psychosomatic research - ME/CFS and Long Covid' started by Andy, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Paywall, https://journals.lww.com/clinicalpa...ork_Case_Control_Study_of_Urologic.98776.aspx
    Sci hub, paper not available at time of posting.

rvallee and JohnM like this.
  2. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Authors:
    Dedra Buchwald led an NIH ME/CFS research centre in the past. It became clear over time that she had become or was always influenced by biopsychosocial views.

Sean, Medfeb, alktipping and 5 others like this.
  3. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

At what point does it get embarrassing to keep asking the same questions with the same responses until people get the hint that the questions are irrelevant? Those are all observations that can be superficially confused for the simple reality of being sick and its physiological impacts. None of those are actually testable or observable in any way, they are exactly as accurate as a questionnaire asking participants whether or not they think they have cancer.
    I guess as long as some people continue pretending that up is down and conclude what they want to be true, regardless of what the data actually show. How does the first sentence I quoted support the conclusion? It basically found nothing of significance and still pretends this means something.

At this point just merge the whole psychosocial thing with astrology for all the difference that it makes.

Annamaria, Mithriel, Sean and 5 others like this.
  4. Milo

Milo Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The authors of this paper should be provided this paper and asked whether they will ever start looking into the biology instead of dilly-dallying into the psycho-social landmine field.