Adverse effects following...vaccination with mRNA...correlate with baseline enrichment of T and NK cell genes, 2022, Syenina et al

Discussion in 'Epidemics (including Covid-19, not Long Covid)' started by Ravn, Jun 8, 2022.

1. Ravn

Ravn Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Full title: Adverse effects following anti–COVID-19 vaccination with mRNA-based BNT162b2 are alleviated by altering the route of administration and correlate with baseline enrichment of T and NK cell genes, Ayesa Syenina et al (PLOS 2022)

T and NK cell correlation - humans
    route of vaccine administration - mice
    Open access: https://journals.plos.org/plosbiology/article?id=10.1371/journal.pbio.3001643

Binkie4, Samuel, TigerLilea and 5 others like this.
  2. Creekside

Creekside Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Are there no ways to intentionally modulate this type of gene expression? Some drugs, cellular isolates, nutrients or whatever? I can imagine giving a test subject doses of various things, and one of them resulting in the patient saying "Wow, I feel healthy again." Even one that gives a reliable "Ohhh, I feel horrible." response would be useful for identifying the responsible pathway.

Samuel, TigerLilea and Peter Trewhitt like this.
  3. Samuel

Samuel Senior Member (Voting Rights)

i cannot read article. going by the quotes onlly here are they looking at fatigue in mice in addition to vaccine ae?

4. Ravn

Ravn Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Haven't read it yet either but yes, the bit on vaccine administration route was on mice. However, the part about baseline enrichment of T and NK cell genes correlating with adverse effects was on people.

Peter Trewhitt and Trish like this.