1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Gastroparesis

Discussion in 'Gastrointestinal and Urinary' started by hedgehog, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

So pleased for you @hedgehog. It must be such a relief to have found what seemed to be triggering it. I hope it stays away.

2. hedgehog

hedgehog Senior Member (Voting Rights)

@Trish Thank you! It is a huge relief! I hope my findings were correct, so it's something I can control :)

--
    For those still with gastroparesis, I forgot to say that one thing that helped me a little over the months was having the juice from a slice of lemon. I don't know why that is or if it'll help others.

3. Arnie Pye

Arnie Pye Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Don't read this if you're easily disgusted.

A few years ago I had symptoms suggesting I might have gastroparesis, while also having diarrhoea. It turned out I had a large polyp in my colon that caused gastroparesis-type symptoms. The diarrhoea was caused by the "overflow" of faeces around the polyp. "Overflow diarrhoea" is quite a common problem and info can be found on the web quite easily..

https://www.mariecurie.org.uk/help/...age-symptoms/bowel-problems#overflowdiarrhoea

Once the polyp was found and removed the symptoms I had been suffering with gradually went away (it took a few weeks). I don't have very severe problems with diarrhoea or constipation any more. Any issue that does arise is dealt with by using over-the-counter remedies, or by just ignoring it until it goes away.