Open Australia: AusMe Registry (ME/CFS, Long COVID and healthy volunteers)

Discussion in 'Recruitment into current ME/CFS research studies' started by Dolphin, Oct 11, 2023.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

bobbler, MeSci, SNT Gatchaman and 3 others like this.
  2. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

@Simone, when it says 'building on the You+ME registry', what does that mean? If people are already registered with the Australian version of that registry, do they need to re-register? Will that existing data remain in the registry? Is there are ongoing connection with the US You+ME registry to standardise inputs, or are the registries diverging?

Edit - I see that Solve M.E. is moving on from You&ME itself. Solve Together

Last edited: Oct 11, 2023
  3. Simone

Simone Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Great questions!

I’ll try to address them as best I can (I’m not working on the registry):

- Building on the registry: expanding on the registry to include young people (aged 12+), people with Long COVID, and people with ME/CFS as well as Long COVID.
    - Existing registry participants will need to sign up and provide consent again (they will receive an email invitation).
    - No data will be lost. When existing participants sign up to the new registry, the data from the old and new registry will be connected via their email address.
    - AusME is a stand alone registry, not connected with Solve. Many of the inputs have remained the same as the old registry, though some have changed.

There’s more info on the website: https://www.emerge.org.au/ausme/

Ash, Trish, SNT Gatchaman and 4 others like this.
  4. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

Ash, Trish, Simone and 1 other person like this.
  5. Dolphin

Sean, RedFox, Hutan and 1 other person like this.
  6. Dolphin

Hutan, RedFox and Trish like this.
  7. oldtimer

oldtimer Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I'm surprised (well, no I'm not) that ME/CFS is referred to as 'chronic fatigue' in a medical publication. Thank goodness a doctor wrote an excellent reply putting the writer straight.

Hutan, Ash, RedFox and 2 others like this.
  8. Dolphin

Hutan, Ash, Sean and 3 others like this.
  9. Dolphin

Welcome to the 100th edition of Emerge Australia’s Research Digest! To commemorate the milestone of our 100th issue, we’re shining a light on Emerge Australia’s own contribution to ME/CFS (and now Long COVID) research, with the launch of AusME, the new Australian ME/CFS and Long COVID Registry and Biobank.
    https://www.emerge.org.au/researchdigest/research-digest-26-10-2023/

Hutan, Ash and Trish like this.
  10. Dolphin

Hutan, Sean, Ash and 1 other person like this.
  11. Dolphin

The AusMe Registry is Up and Running!

On October 19, we launched the AusME Registry. Designed as a way to bring the information and data of the You+ME database to Australian shores, it will provide crucial support to Australian medical researchers with an aim to advancing knowledge and uncovering essential diagnostics and effective treatments for people with ME/CFS and Long COVID. With over 400 people joining up in the first two weeks alone, and an average of 30 per week since, this is great way to help develop research into ME/CFS and Long COVID.

[​IMG]

Most people can participate. You must be:

· A person aged 12+ with ME/CFS (with or without having had a COVID infection)
    · A person aged 12+ with Long COVID
    · A healthy volunteer aged 12+ (with or without having had a COVID infection)

Behind every data point, there's a person, a story, and a chance for a better tomorrow.

[​IMG]VISIT AND SIGN UP TO AUSME TODAY https://ausmeregistry.org/

12. Dolphin

Trish likes this.
  13. Dolphin