Opinion Blockchain in Healthcare Systems: An Industry Prospective Study (focuses on CFS), 2023, Ranjan

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research' started by Dolphin, Aug 5, 2023.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I've no idea whether this says anything interesting or not

https://www.igi-global.com/chapter/blockchain-in-healthcare-systems/327722

Blockchain in Healthcare Systems: An Industry Prospective Study
    Mritunjay Kumar Ranjan, Arif Md. Sattar, Sanjay Kr. Tiwari
    Source Title: Contemporary Applications of Data Fusion for Advanced Healthcare Informatics
    Copyright: 2023 |Pages: 22
    DOI: 10.4018/978-1-6684-8913-0.ch010

Abstract

This chapter discusses blockchain healthcare applications, difficulties, and potential.

It suggests using blockchain, machine learning, artificial intelligence, big data, and the internet of things to improve healthcare by addressing complex intermediary networks and transaction traceability, data fragmentation, inefficient research and services, lack of clinical trial reporting, expensive drug supply chain costs, patient data security, and bogus pharmaceuticals.

It also identifies essential success criteria for blockchain implementation in healthcare systems.

It prioritizes chronic fatigue syndromes using a fuzzy approach to order preference by similarity to an ideal solution like technique for order of preference by similarity to an ideal solution.

Blockchain knowledge offers a decentralized, reformed environment, providing immediate security and reliability.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2023
    Michelle, Sean and RedFox like this.
  2. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

It's a book chapter, with only the Abstract and Introduction available at the link.
    From the Introduction:
    So it seems to be about the technology used to communicate between different medical providers to enable it to be done securely. I'm sure others here will know far more about this than me.

Edit: I have no idea what the reference to chronic fatigue syndrome in the Abstract is about.

3. InitialConditions

InitialConditions Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Would not be suprised if this was AI generated.

Michelle, EndME, Sean and 3 others like this.
  4. CRG

CRG Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Looks like the key jargon is: “Healthcare 1.0” to “Healthcare 4.0” for more of which Health Care 4.0: A vision for smart and connected health care

1. Introduction

Worldwide, we have seen growing interest in engineering approaches to health care delivery in a context of rapid development in medical devices, clinical advancement, data analytics, and information technology. Recent breakthroughs in digital health technologies (e.g. electronic health records, health monitoring and wearable devices) are not only transformative for reengineering care processes and improving health care outcomes such as care quality and patient safety, but can also have major socio-economic impact, as almost 20% of the US GDP is dedicated to health expenditures. These technological developments have generated numerous innovation opportunities as well as substantial challenges for care delivery, and are offering a chance to move beyond the traditional scope of health care engineering, such as process improvement and technology implementation. There has been a growing realization that information technology, systems engineering tools, and organizational innovations play critical roles to address the interrelated quality and productivity crises faced by health care systems around the world (Kaplan et al., Citation2013; Cassel & Saunders, Citation2014; Reid et al., Citation2005). Such technologies and tools can support health care systems in achieving the Quadruple Aim of improving the patient experience, population health, cost control and clinician satisfaction (Sikka et al., Citation2015). The Healthcare Systems Engineering (HSE) community has a critical role to play in addressing these challenges.

my bolding

Michelle and Dolphin like this.