Opinion Commentary on the Practice of Medicine (4): Hey, Jude!, 2023, Stoop

Discussion in ''Conditions related to ME/CFS' news and research' started by Dolphin, Aug 4, 2023.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Most likely a minority interest. I'm just posting for completeness.

Free fulltext:
    https://www.scitcentral.com/article...he-Practice-of-Medicine-(4):-Hey,-Jude!#tabs2

Commentary on the Practice of Medicine (4): Hey, Jude!

Isabela Machado Barbosa Stoop*
    Corresponding Author: Isabela Machado Barbosa Stoop, Rodovia José Carlos Daux 5500 Torre Campeche A. Sala 204. Saco Grande, Florianópolis, Brazil.
    Received: March 29, 2023; Revised: March 31, 2023; Accepted: April 03, 2023 Available Online: April 26, 2023
    Citation: Stoop IMB. (2023) Commentary on the Practice of Medicine (4): Hey, Jude! BioMed Res J, 7(2): 605-608.

Extract:

WHAT HAPPENED THIS TIME?

I was accused of violating another article of the Brazilian Code of Medical Ethics. Article 35: The doctor is prohibited from exaggerating the severity of the diagnosis or prognosis, complicating the therapy or exceeding the number of visits, consultations or any other medical procedures”. The thing was: I wrote an article on fatigue that was published in a popular magazine around here in February 2017. Actually, it was on a Chronic Fatigue Syndrome which everyone was talking about at the time. The title was: Adrenal Fatigue: how to avoid it to live longer and better. I was not referring precisely to “the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome”, a condition which is not easy to be straightforward about, mainly because there are a lot of uncertainties regarding its etiology and because any treatment strategies have been totally effective against it, according to the scientific literature [1].