Comparison of Fatigue Severity and Quality of Life between Unexplained Fatigue Patients and Explained Fatigue Patients, 2018, Kim et al

Discussion in 'Psychosomatic research - ME/CFS and Long Covid' started by Andy, May 26, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Unexplained fatigue seems to be assumed to equate to CFS by the authors.
    https://www.kjfm.or.kr/journal/view.php?doi=10.4082/kjfm.2018.39.3.180

2. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

Interesting. It's in the Korean Journal of Family Medicine, so may be a good thing in recognising the need for more support for patients with unexplained fatigue. I wonder whether Korea recognises ME/CFS. I have only read the abstract.

3. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Sadly they cite PACE as the evidence for CBT as a treatment in the conclusion. I don't remember that they mention GET or not.

4. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

Ah, not so good then, if they are using PACE as the kind of support they are talking about.

5. Wonko

Wonko Senior Member (Voting Rights)

But surely in that case, after a while, the "fatigue" would no longer be "unexplained", as it would be caused by the advice to ignore what their own bodies are telling them, leading to a worsening, but explained, "fatigue" (amongst other things) so according to the abstract of this paper the victims QoL should then improve.