Cornell Center for Enervating Neuroimmune Disease: Where do ME/CFS Immune cells get their energy, or ale? 3 min YouTube talk

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research news' started by Kalliope, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Description:

Jessica Maya, a graduate student in the Genetics, Genomics, and Development Program at Cornell University in Maureen Hanson’s lab, talks about ME/CFS, the immune system response, and the fuels that energize immune cells to properly defend the body. This talk was adapted from Cornell University’s 3 Minute Thesis Finalists Round Competition, where she was tasked to explain her thesis work in under 3 minutes in an engaging form that could be understood by an intelligent audience with no background in the research area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gWJ8DYzdgg

boolybooly, shak8, Michelle and 14 others like this.
  2. alktipping

alktipping Senior Member (Voting Rights)

i think she did an excellent job it is nice to hear that some intelligent people can talk in easy to understand terms . without the need to emphasize their educational level by using 20 dollar terminology or in buzzwords . i also find it easier to trust people who speak in simple english.

cfsandmore, wingate, Yessica and 2 others like this.
  3. MeSci

MeSci Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Is "or ale" in the title an error?!

alktipping, Wyva and Kalliope like this.
  4. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I just assumed it was a slang for energy/fuel. But looked it up and it doesn't seem so?

alktipping likes this.
  5. MeSci

MeSci Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Not one I've ever heard of.

alktipping and Kalliope like this.