Correlation between cognitive impairment and cardiac parameters

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research' started by Hubris, Jul 19, 2024.

1. Hubris

Hubris Senior Member (Voting Rights)

https://paolomaccallini.com/2024/07/17/my-longitudinal-study-a-first-glance/

A patient collected some biological markers for 2 years, trying to see if there was a pattern.

From the opening of the article:

What follows is a preliminary account of an experiment I have been conducting for the last two years to test the hypothesis that my cognitive impairment is a manifestation of a systemic disease. In particular, I show that my cognitive deficits correlate with cardiac and metabolic parameters, after correction for the level of physical activity. I also show that quadratic discriminant analysis trained on cardiac data distinguishes periods of cognitive improvement with an accuracy of 80%.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2024
    RedFox, forestglip and Peter Trewhitt like this.
  2. Hoopoe

Hoopoe Senior Member (Voting Rights)

In my opinion it doesn't take this level of effort to notice these connections.

Peter Trewhitt likes this.
  3. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

That's quite a task collecting and analysing all that personal data. I hope he finds it helpful.

I have had a few desultory efforts at something similar, but given up because of the effort required. That's why I think it's probably worth signing up for apps that others have made to enable us to record and monitor all these things and that do the analysis for us.

The only one I'm aware of at present is Visible, which doesn't collect such a range of data. I'm hoping researchers will work on providing something we can all use, that can also be used for research to seek common factors between patients as well as helping individuals with pacing and communicating with our doctors.

Mij, NelliePledge, RedFox and 3 others like this.
  4. Hubris

Hubris Senior Member (Voting Rights)