Covid flight cancellations are back as thousands grounded after virus hits Gatwick air-traffic controllers

Discussion in 'Other health news and research' started by Mij, Sep 25, 2023.

1. Mij

Mij Senior Member (Voting Rights)

2. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Ah, but have they tried believing that the virus cannot harm them? That's all the rage in medicine these days. You stare the virus straight into its stupid face and tell it: NO!

You just have to have gumption, roll up your immune system sleeves and make it stronger. If they avoid sickness, they will only get more sick when they get sick again and again from all that fear. The immune system works like a coffee card, you need to buy at least 10 so you can get the free one. Or something like that.

Point is, it's good that they got sick. This means that they won't get sick again. Well, they will but they will be less sick. Just like now! Because they likely did get sick before, so now they are probably less sick than they would otherwise have. Or something like that. Damn is that New Germ/Fear Theory of Disease weird.

3. Mij

Mij Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Airline executives raise alarm that air traffic controller shortage will continue disruption flights for years.

”It will take five to seven years [of hiring] to break even if all goes well,” Airlines for America chief Nick Calio said at the Global Aerospace Summit held by the US Chamber of Commerce in Washington, DC. “Do we need five to seven years of further disruption on a daily basis? I don’t think so.”

https://www.cnn.com/travel/air-traffic-controller-shortage-airline-executives-alarmed/index.html

Ash, alktipping, Lou B Lou and 2 others like this.
  4. perchance dreamer

perchance dreamer Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Well, we can certainly expect more covid-related idiocy this fall. There seems to be a tacit agreement around the world that if controlling covid requires masks, vaccination, air filtration, and other proven measures, we'd rather just let it continue, illness, loss of life, and damage to economy be damned. It's really hard for me to understand why a species, supposedly the most intelligent, can be so indifferent to its survival.

At a recent visit to my ENT, I walked in, and the atmosphere was very tense. She has required masks at her clinic since 2020. The receptionist and a medical assistant said that a patient had just come in without a mask and started ranting and raising his voice when he was given a mask for the visit. A guy in the waiting room asked him what the big deal was, and the mask ranter started at him like he was going to beat him up. The receptionist and medical assistant put themselves between the two of them (probably foolishly) to stop the guy, so he stormed off. He's no longer a patient, there, needless to say.

My husband had a routine physical recently, and his new doctor, who seemed really good in all other respects, said that catching covid these days is like catching a cold, so she usually doesn't mask. It's really hard to believe a medical doctor would think covid's no biggie anymore, but there we are.

5. Midnattsol

Midnattsol Moderator Staff Member

Overheard the same last time I was at the GP office. Then there was a patient in a blue surgical mask in the waiting room with covid and the discussion among staff started as a comment on why he was still masking when it's just a cold now. And there I was lying behind a screen with my flo mask on very happy I had it.

Ash, alktipping, Wonko and 7 others like this.
  6. bobbler

bobbler Senior Member (Voting Rights)

im aware that they are pretty straightforwardly on it with air traffic control that if for whatever reason your competence will be affected eg bad nights sleep it is air traffic controllers responsibility to call in and report it because it is such a responsibility

Brings up the perfect experiment doesn’t it rather to find out whether these BPSm people are deluding themselves or just wickedly aware of what they are doing when you add in a scenario such as it being the pilot or air traffic controller of the plane they might be on…

If they are so confident their gaslighting CBT and GET cures any professional that they might need that falls into such a category including eg dentist doing root canal on them - and to save their throwing therapists under the bus they can do the gaslighting therapy themselves- these people should only be allowed people with at least severe me/cfs or LC from these professions as options noting ‘they can fix them after x sessions’ and see how, when such claims affect their own health or comfort, their beliefs and cognitive dissonance stands up.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2023
    alktipping, Wonko and Peter Trewhitt like this.
  7. Arnie Pye

Arnie Pye Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It's because there are so many of us. I've seen in multiple articles that very rich people think the world only needs half a billion people (or is it half a million?). At the moment there are approx 8.1 billion people. When reading stuff like this I wonder who the very rich will use as slaves, because I doubt they will cook for themselves and wash their own clothes.