Driver's brain fog from covid-19 linked to Cork crash that claimed lives of elderly couple

Discussion in 'Long Covid news' started by Mij, Jun 1, 2024.

1. Mij

Mij Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I have read several news stories in the last year about an increase in car accidents related to Covid infection.

LINK

State Pathologist Dr Margot Bolster said that covid-19 was likely a contributory factor in the crash.

Dr Bolster found in her autopsy on Mr Allen on August 31, 2022, in City Morgue, Cork, no alcohol or drugs in his blood.

He had suffered “extremely severe crush injuries” and multiple fractures to his skull.

He tested positive for Covid-19 when swabbed in the mortuary.

“There were all sorts of brain symptoms with it […] it affected all organs of the body.

“Covid-19 – that’s the real item of interest here. He was positive for covid-19 and may have been feeling unwell,” Dr Bolster said.

RedFox, livinglighter, EzzieD and 7 others like this.
  2. John Mac

John Mac Senior Member (Voting Rights)

And there are plans to force half a million sick people back to work in the UK, how many of them will be suffering from Covid-19?
    From my own experience at the Job Centre before finally getting ESA bus driver jobs were always being promoted/pushed.
    4-30 am starts for a person who struggles to get to the toilet and back safely at that time.

RedFox, shak8, livinglighter and 8 others like this.
  3. Mij

Mij Senior Member (Voting Rights)

We've had 3 cars drive into homes in my city in the last WEEK.