Evidence Circulating Microclots and Activated Platelets Contribute to Hyperinflammation Within Pediatric Post Acute Sequala of COVID, 2024, Okuducu+

Discussion in 'Long Covid research' started by EndME, Jun 22, 2024.

Tags:
  1. EndME

EndME Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Peter Trewhitt, forestglip and Hutan like this.
  2. forestglip

forestglip Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Aren't "long COVID" and "PASC" interchangeable? They keep alternating between the terms and also the last sentence makes it seem like two different things.
    From Mayo Clinic Proceedings:
    I think they're trying to say long COVID including obvious MIS-C is similar to long-COVID without it. My brain hurts trying to parse the rationale section.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2024
    alktipping, Peter Trewhitt and Trish like this.
  3. EndME

EndME Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I have no idea either, I think one will have to wait for the references to see what the authors might be meaning. There's many different terms, sometimes used interchangeably and sometimes not. Sometimes the time frames of various terminologies differ (for instance 4 weeks vs 3 months) and sometimes the definitions what is considered to be Long-Covid will be different to other definitions.

If I'd have to take a random guess PASC here might refers to "anything that happens after Covid" including well known entities such as MIS-C, strokes or PICS whilst Long-Covid refers to things that have no currently known pathology (so not things like PICS or detectable organ damage).

Hutan, Peter Trewhitt, Mij and 2 others like this.
  4. Mij

Mij Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Be careful what you wish for if you get a diagnosis of ME/CFS thrown into the mix.

Peter Trewhitt and forestglip like this.