FDA rules TODAY that ingredient in Benadryl and Sudafed from pharmacy shelves don't work

Discussion in 'Other health news and research' started by Sly Saint, Sep 12, 2023.

1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

FDA rules TODAY that ingredient in Benadryl and Sudafed from pharmacy shelves don't work | Daily Mail Online

MeSci, Wonko, TigerLilea and 5 others like this.
  2. Jaybee00

Jaybee00 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2023
    Simbindi, ukxmrv and Ash like this.
  3. Ash

Ash Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I prefer pseudoephedrine for that. It works head pressure lifts, aches and pains vanished. But then a bit later feel like I’m having a heart attack. So…

Simbindi and ukxmrv like this.
  4. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member (Voting Rights)

That's the ingredient that changed in Sudafed. It gave me palpitations and did nothing for my sinus problems. I still seek out the older type with pseudopephidrine

Wonko, Simbindi and Ash like this.
  5. Ash

Ash Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Yeah, I remember telling the pharmacist that these decongestants used to work for me but now didn’t and they said “you want the good stuff which you have to ask us for.” The packaging was virtually identical so many were caught out. Then this pharmacy gave me a massive quiz about my health and eventually handed it over. I’ve used only rarely because you can become dependent on it and experience rebound sinus pain and then there’s nothing left to do. So it’s my last resort. But I used to be fine with it, COVID caused heart issues and scuppered this for me.

Also Sudafed has quite a monopoly, it’s quite difficult to get the own brand versions which can be about half the cost for the same product.

Simbindi and ukxmrv like this.