Open Hyperbaric High Pressure Oxygen Therapy in Post-COVID Syndrome and ME/CFS, Charite University, Berlin, Germany

Discussion in 'Recruitment into current ME/CFS research studies' started by Andy, Nov 9, 2023.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Study Overview

Brief Summary

The objective of this observational study is to document symptom progression in 60 patients with myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) who undergo Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) following COVID or other infections. Participants will receive HBOT treatment as an additional option after completing the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome CARE (CFS_CARE) study and will be invited to take part in this observational study. Patients will complete health evaluations in the form of questionnaires, including the 36-Item Short Form Health Survey (SF-36), to assess changes in ME/CFS-related symptoms after HBOT. Rather than evaluating the efficacy of HBOT itself, the study will focus on observing and documenting these changes. Its goal is to offer valuable insights into symptom progression in ME/CFS patients receiving HBOT, which can serve as a foundation for future interventional randomized controlled trials.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/study/NCT06118138

NelliePledge, MeSci, Trish and 2 others like this.