Open Identifying the immunological signatures associated with post-acute COVID-19 syndrome [and ME/CFS], 2023, Iwasaki and Putrino

Discussion in 'Recruitment into current ME/CFS research studies' started by Dolphin, Nov 18, 2023.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Massachusetts ME/CFS & FM Association

For our readers near New York City:

Mount Sinai ME/CFS Blood Draw Study will do home blood draws
    Dr. Putrino at Mt. Sinai and Dr. Iwasaki at Yale have added an ME/CFS cohort to their study titled "Identifying the immunological signatures associated with post-acute COVID-19 syndrome". They are seeking participants who were diagnosed (or had a suspected diagnosis) with ME/CFS before 2020 and healthy controls.

They are interested in identifying the immune response via immunological signatures associated with the following populations: Long Covid, healthy controls, Covid-recovered controls, Vaccine Injury, and ME/CFS. This is done through blood and saliva sample collection. The sample collection can be done at Mt. Sinai or at home within a 50 mile radius of New York City. If you are interested in participating, please contact Mackenzie Doerstling at PRcovid@MountSinai.org.

sebaaa, Jacob Richter, EndME and 16 others like this.
  2. Possibly James May

Possibly James May Established Member

I inquired about the trial a couple of weeks ago, one of the coordinators mentioned that they only had 11 people participate so far, their goal is to recruit roughly 100. The location is very easy to get to via public transit, the trial location is set on the Upper East Side (a few blocks away from the 96th St. subway station). If you are in the New York Metro Area, please consider participating.

Sid, Mij, Dolphin and 6 others like this.
  3. Binkie4

Binkie4 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I would have felt privileged to give a blood sample to this study as I had hoped to do. It just couldn't be made to work.
    Putrino is committing himself to this work and communicating about it which is valuable in itself. Let's hope they can raise the numbers they need.

Mij, SNT Gatchaman, Trish and 2 others like this.
  4. Tom Kindlon

Tom Kindlon Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Very useful information. I have now highlighted that on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Bluesky, Mastodon, Instagram and Threads.

(Did the Twitter post a bit earlier today and it is getting quite a lot of traction in different forms).

Last edited: Jan 22, 2024
  5. Dolphin

Possibly James May and Trish like this.
  6. Dolphin