In progress: Reducing fatigue in Long COVID-19: A feasibility study of a self-help intervention to reduce fatigue-related symptoms...

Discussion in 'Long Covid news' started by Andy, Oct 8, 2022.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Full title: Reducing fatigue in Long COVID-19: A feasibility study of a self-help intervention to reduce fatigue-related symptoms among patients in general practice

Who is funding the study?
    The study is funded by Fund into Osteopathic Research Into ME (FORME) (UK) a charity to help patients with chronic fatigue (ME/CFS) who also have an interest in underlying causes of fatigue and Long COVID.

Scientific title
    In people with Long COVID related fatigue, is there a difference between participants using self-help lymphatic drainage vs. no intervention on fatigue (assessed using Chalder Fatigue Questionnaire (CFQ) score) at 12 weeks?

Study hypothesis
    Self-help intervention techniques that promote lymphatic drainage will help reduce fatigue in patients with Long COVID more than those in the wait-lit control arm at 12 weeks.

https://www.isrctn.com/ISRCTN99840264

[Another study by Heald promoting the "Perrin technique"]

Peter Trewhitt, DokaGirl and Trish like this.
  2. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I saw quite a lot of that about 1.5-2 years ago on the long haulers sub-reddit. Not necessarily Perrin but lymphatic massages. Not about fatigue, though. No idea why they decided to go for that, seems arbitrary as heck. I guess it's the damn "main symptom" thing again. So damn self-defeating.

Haven't heard of it in a long time. The patient community learns fast. The medical community, on the other hand... not so much.

Peter Trewhitt, Trish and alktipping like this.