Is low partial pressure of oxygen (Po2) common in ME/CFS patients ?

Discussion in 'General and other signs and symptoms' started by Dechi, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Dechi

Dechi Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I just had my pulmonary test results and haven’t seen my doctor yet. They haven’t phoned me with the results so I figure they are not concerned or just haven’t looked at them (I got them online). I will make an appointment but thought I would ask in the meantime (I am not looking for medical advice, just general knowledge).

All values are normal except Po2, which is low partial pressure of oxygen from what I found. I also found that low Po2 causes hypoxia, which is low oxygen levels in the blood. Normal Po2 values are (75-110) and mine is 68. Is this considered hypoxia ?

Now this makes me confused and I wonder if this is common in ME/CFS patients or if it has nothing to do with it and rather related to my asthma/allergy problems. And what is causing my shortness of breath ? ME, anxiety, this, a mixture of all ?

2. DokaGirl

DokaGirl Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Dechi and alktipping like this.
  3. Dechi

Dechi Senior Member (Voting Rights)

@DokaGirl thank you, very useful ! I was hoping to find someone who had the similar results but maybe someone will come along eventually. :)

DokaGirl likes this.