Is there a forum like this for autoimmune conditions?

Discussion in 'Immune: Autoimmune and Mast Cell Disorders' started by Ken Turnbull, May 4, 2024.

1. Ken Turnbull

Ken Turnbull Established Member (Voting Rights)

My daughter has started seeing a rheumatologist, and I feel I need to read up a bit on autoimmune conditions and ask some newbie questions.

Is there a forum similar to this one for autoimmune conditions?

Hutan, Peter Trewhitt, Ash and 4 others like this.
  2. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I doubt it, @Ken Turnbull. This forum is pretty unusual. There have been lupus forums for years and they aren't bad but there isn't much science. I don't think there would be anything for autoimmunity in general.

But people here know as much about autoimmune disease as anyone I would guess. We have had some in depth discussions. You might do best to raise questions here.

FMMM1, EndME, Sean and 6 others like this.
  3. InitialConditions

InitialConditions Senior Member (Voting Rights)

There are some websites that have multiple forums for different conditions. patient.info is one. The tinnitus forum I visit is based at https://healthunlocked.com/ so you could check there too.

4. Arnie Pye

Arnie Pye Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Referring to healthunlocked, the list of forums/communities the site has can be found here : https://healthunlocked.com/communities

Most of the forums are in English but Spanish and Portugese forums also exist.

Ash, Trish, Hutan and 2 others like this.
  5. Ken Turnbull

@Jonathan Edwards , I thought that might be the case (that this forum is unusual).

I also thought that there might be some good auto-immune knowledge here. I will have a stab at asking a couple of questions and see how it goes. I am afraid I am very much a beginner on the topic.

6. Ken Turnbull

Thank you, @Arnie Pye , I will have a look there.

7. Ken Turnbull

Ash, Peter Trewhitt and Hutan like this.