Iwasaki LC webinar, November 10th

Discussion in 'Long Covid news' started by Jaybee00, Nov 10, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Jaybee00

Jaybee00 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

2. Jaybee00

Bumping this...starts in 20 minutes...

3. SNT Gatchaman

SNT Gatchaman Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I thought this was a good talk and will be on YouTube at some stage soon. Mostly discussed the recent pre-print.

Judging from the thumbs-up type reactions, there also seemed to be a number of vaccine-injured audience members, who clearly appreciated the unpublished data she presented at the end, along with some hypotheses to consider. Interesting to note the 1:1 overlap in symptoms and demographics between LC and "post-vaccination long haul" — is it the same underlying mechanism of a misfired immune response to systemic spike protein, or maybe specifically targeting endothelium or even epithelium?

Michelle, Fizzlou, Sean and 1 other person like this.
  4. Jaybee00

I don’t think she defined LC or mentioned MECFS, but may have missed.

5. SNT Gatchaman

She didn't reference ME specifically until the end. I think the idea being that it's more useful to investigate in a tightly defined cohort (proven LC). However by introduction she framed the talk around infection-related chronic illness in general, and in particular had a slide that listed all the named postviral syndromes (eg post-Ebola, post-polio), plus Lyme etc. Conspicuously absent from the list was "ME/CFS", the point (I took) being that these conditions are all ME. At the end she discussed the various collaborations, including PolyBio (MVZ, AP) who were to investigate ME/CFS (not otherwise specified cause) with her team.

6. SNT Gatchaman