Long X STEM Directory (ME folks with STEM backgrounds/careers)

Discussion in 'Resources' started by viyer05, Jul 14, 2023.

1. viyer05

viyer05 Established Member

Are you an ME, Long Covid, or other 'Long X' patient with a STEM background and/or career?

If so, the volunteers (including myself) behind the Long X STEM Directory would welcome to list you there.

This directory is a public resource of Long X patient stakeholders (patients & their relatives) for whom there is public information about both their Long X status & their STEM background/career.

If you fit the profile & would like to be listed there, please use the form there to point the volunteers to public information about your Long X stake & STEM background/career.

2. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

just incase:
    "STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics."

3. Andy

Andy Committee Member

More detail from the site.

"What is Long X?

Long X refers here to the broad family of post-acute infection syndromes including Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), chronic Long Covid, and other chronic outcomes apparently triggered by infection including Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) and other forms of dysautonomia, some of which have been associated to other acute immunogenic events including vaccination.

Why have a Long X STEM Directory?

These syndromes often strike individuals in the prime of their life. The Long X population thereby contains a broad pool of patient stakeholders, including many with STEM backgrounds & track records, who can team-up as motivated, informed, and qualified collaborators with researchers, foundations, agencies, organizations, companies, & political leaders seeking to solve Long X challenges.

The Long X STEM Directory is a resource to catalyze such collaborations & thus accelerate scientific progress for Long X."