ME Research UK: Role of Sirt1/NOS axis in vascular and immune homeostasis: a missing piece in the ME/CFS puzzle?

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research' started by Andy, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

http://www.meresearch.org.uk/our-research/sirt1-nos-axis/

https://twitter.com/user/status/1163390146156400641

Marky, Barry, hinterland and 22 others like this.
  2. Sarah94

Sarah94 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

How long will it take to get the results of this?

Barry likes this.
  3. Hoopoe

Hoopoe Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I often think that I have some sort of inflammation going on, in different body parts. It feels like mild inflammation at least. Maybe it's not the c-reactive protein kind of inflammation. Something is happening there but it's not clear what.

Is there a list of processes that feel like inflammation but aren't considered inflammation in the strict sense?

4. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

A wild guess, a couple of years minimum?

Say, at best, a few months to do the experiments, then six month to a year to analyse the results and write the paper, given that academics have a lot of other responsibilities as well, then a few months to find a journal to accept the submission, a few more months for the paper to be peer reviewed and if necessary the paper amended, then a few more months for the journal to get around to publishing it.

Barry, MEMarge, alktipping and 3 others like this.
  5. InitialConditions

InitialConditions Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Most academic research projects have a timeline of roughly three years, with results expected in the third year. This is of course variable.