Medical students highlight the importance of medical education, kindness, compassion and belief when learning about [pwME/CFS], 2024, Muirhead

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research' started by SNT Gatchaman, May 27, 2024.

1. SNT Gatchaman

SNT Gatchaman Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Medical students highlight the importance of medical education, kindness, compassion and belief when learning about patients with myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome
    Nina Louise Muirhead

‘Imagine my surprise to discover ME/CFS is definitely not rare, but inexplicably and infuriatingly unacknowledged’. Fifth year medical student, Scotland

Link | PDF (Journal of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh) [Open Access]

rvallee, MeSci, Hutan and 15 others like this.
  2. SNT Gatchaman

SNT Gatchaman Senior Member (Voting Rights)

rvallee, MeSci, Hutan and 14 others like this.
  3. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

MeSci, Hutan, Kitty and 7 others like this.
  4. Sean

Sean Moderator Staff Member

The current younger generation of medicos, those from 1st year med school through to approx. 10 years post-grad, really need to make the effort to get up to speed with what is going wrong in their profession over this stuff, because they are the generation who will have to be apologising for and cleaning up the appalling carnage left behind by their senior colleagues currently driving the show off the rails and keeping it there.

I doubt they will be too happy about spending a large chunk of their otherwise productive careers on having to do this.

MeSci, Yann04, Kitty and 11 others like this.
  5. Turtle

Turtle Established Member (Voting Rights)

So sad. 35 years of medical education without any doctor with knowledge about ME/CFS. Even kindness, compassion and belief have yet to be taught.

bobbler, rvallee, Dolphin and 5 others like this.