Motorized blind tilt for venetian blinds

Discussion in 'Home adaptations, mobility and personal care' started by Haveyoutriedyoga, Mar 12, 2024.

1. Haveyoutriedyoga

Haveyoutriedyoga Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Has anybody used a motorized blind tilt?

I have a venetian blind in my bedroom, in about a month the sun will rise earlier than I want to wake up and it will beam onto me, which is lovely but not at 6am. I rely on sunlight to wake me up (I do have a lumie, it's great but not quite like the sun). Blind tilts are upwards of £60 so I'd like to have some confidence before I buy one.

2. JemPD

JemPD Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Intriguing, i didnt even know such things existed & they are the reason i dont have venetian blinds in bedroom - same issue as yourself

Peter Trewhitt and alktipping like this.
  3. Evergreen

Evergreen Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I read this as a tilt test (for orthostatic intolerance) that they had somehow managed to blind, where the person wouldn't know if they were having a real tilt test or not!

Really good luck with the blind. I'm not familiar with that system, but I do have motorised blinds (roller and cellular) and the ease of operation is incredible.

4. Haveyoutriedyoga

Lol!

I've studied reviews and ordered one, will report back.

alktipping, Starlight, JemPD and 3 others like this.
  5. Evergreen

Evergreen Senior Member (Voting Rights)

:emoji_fingers_crossed:

Peter Trewhitt and Kitty like this.
  6. Haveyoutriedyoga

It works, I like it, only thing someone might need to consider is that it makes a whirring noise when it works, made me wake up with a bit of a start this morning! I think I'll get user to it and not notice it but if you have a lot of sound sensitivity it might be an issue.

7. Peter Trewhitt

Peter Trewhitt Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Me too.

Evergreen and alktipping like this.