Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: First Described Complication after Gam-COVID-Vac Vaccine, 2022, Manysheva et al

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research' started by Andy, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Abstract
    Background: Myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) is a severe, debilitating chronic disease characterized by marked tiredness and fatigue, cognitive dysfunction, sleep disturbances, pain, and autonomic, immunological, and metabolic dysfunctions, in which all symptoms are usually exacerbated by physical and/or psychological stress.

Subjects and methods: We report a case of ME/CFS with severe myalgia and severe locomotor disorders in a 25-year-old female after Gam-COVID-Vac vaccine (Sputnik V) ten days before the manifestation of the symptoms.

Results: This is the first report of such a complication from the Gam-COVID-Vac vaccine.

Only PubMed abstract available, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/36170726/

Snow Leopard and Peter Trewhitt like this.
  2. BrightCandle

BrightCandle Senior Member (Voting Rights)

A bunch of people have reported that having the Covid 19 vaccinations of various types have left them with Long haul symptoms. Most of the places on Reddit banned them for misinformation about the vaccination but a few have survived and been accepted as part of the covidlonghaulers subreddit. I know of about 5 who were pretty clearly hiding from Covid and taking significant precautions (N95/N99 masks, only going out for the vaccinations) who ended up long hauling anyway after their first vaccination. I recall one paper that tested this and said these people probably had Covid 19 without knowing it but it wasn't great quality. I think its quite likely given what we know about the spike protein that the vaccine alone can cause these types of symptoms and that I think points towards the spike causing blood clotting and vascular issues.

Peter Trewhitt likes this.
  3. Shadrach Loom

Shadrach Loom Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I do hope there is a nice easy “post hoc sed non propter hoc” takedown of this theory. The last thing ME/CFS advocacy needs is to be entwined with antivax loonspuddery.

4. CRG

CRG Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The vaccine that is implicated here is the controversial Russian designed Sputnik V. Even if there is some linkage between the patient's ill health and the vaccine, this is unlikely to tell us anything about COVID 19 vaccines generally.

https://panatimes.com/who-suspends-sputnik-v-approval-process-over-manufacturing-concerns

".... both the WHO and European Medicines Agency (EMA) have said that they were still waiting for complete data from the vaccine's manufacturers."

https://www.biospace.com/article/who-delays-authorization-of-russian-made-covid-19-vaccine/

"
    Russia’s hopes of expanding access to its Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine have been stymied due to the invasion of Ukraine. On Wednesday, the World Health Organization indefinitely postponed the evaluation of the vaccine due to the ongoing conflict and the economic sanctions leveled against Russia.

According to the Associated Press, during a press conference Wednesday, vaccines expert Mariangela Simao said the global health agency had been scheduled to inspect Russian manufacturing facilities as part of the protocol for WHO approval. The inspection was set for March 7. However, the Russian government initiated its invasion of Ukraine on Feb. 24."

Last edited: Sep 29, 2022