Myoclonus

Discussion in 'Neurological/cognitive/vision' started by richie, Sep 27, 2024.

1. richie

richie Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Just had/having Covid possibly first time. I have had myoclnic jerks of legs, ankle, palate, in throat, jaw, fluttering in middle ear , twitching toes toes, neck/head twitch on and off for 30+ years with varied intensity. During covid jerking of legs, jaw and head twitch were much worse. When my sarcoid began?/was discovered? in 2021 I had a revival of things like middle ear fluttering which had relented since ca 1993.
    The feeling if mild is very similar to that induced by an electromyograph procedure.
    Heavy common cold has also induces this type of thing
    Anyone lese with this phenomenon and an apparent link to immune arousal and /or shift/

2. Lindberg

Lindberg Established Member (Voting Rights)

Yes, the day before I know I have catched a virus I get some kind of neurotransmitter imbalance with both more easily triggered orthostatic intolerance and myclonic jerks and cramps. I can get stuck in positions as well, much like Parkinson’s. There seems to be a connection between the immune systems initial response to the virus and the nervous system that goes havoc. For some reason I don’t know, antihistamines (Desloratadine) respectively Ibuprofen helps in those situations.

I’ve read somewhere that when different kinds of histamine receptors are getting activated they can make different kinds of neurotransmitters to increase or decrease. For me it all happens very fast and my symptoms can mimic both Parkinson’s and Myasthenia Gravis, probably depending on the type of imbalance that occurs. Just an amateur guess, but at least now I know what helps when it happens.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2024
  3. richie

richie Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks Interesting.

4. Sparkly Unicorn

Sparkly Unicorn Established Member (Voting Rights)

Also had this. Think it might be linked to neurotransmitters esp dopamine as it stays under control if I keep dopamine levels from fading to fast.

Lindberg and Peter Trewhitt like this.