Neurological Consequences, Mental Health, Physical Care, and Appropriate Nutrition in Long-COVID-19, 2022, Picone et al

Discussion in 'Long Covid research' started by Andy, Sep 15, 2022.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Abstract

SARS-CoV-2 pandemic has caused a collapse of the world health systems. Now, vaccines and more effective therapies have reversed this crisis but the scenario is further aggravated by the appearance of a new pathology, occurring as SARS-CoV-2 infection consequence: the long-COVID-19. This term is commonly used to describe signs and symptoms that continue or develop after acute infection of COVID-19 up to several months. In this review, the consequences of the disease on mental health and the neurological implications due to the long-COVID are described. Furthermore, the appropriate nutritional approach and some recommendations to relieve the symptoms of the pathology are presented. Data collected indicated that in the next future the disease will affect an increasing number of individuals and that interdisciplinary action is needed to counteract it.

Open access, https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10571-022-01281-w

Peter Trewhitt, oldtimer and RedFox like this.
  2. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

This reads to me like a student essay where they have thrown together lots of bits and pieces picked up from reading all sorts of papers and guidelines without much understanding. They end up by recommending, on the basis of no research as far as I can see, a plant based diet, psychological rehab and lots of aerobic exercise. ME/CFS gets a mention but they clearly don't have a clue about PEM.

RedFox, Sean, alktipping and 5 others like this.
  3. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Meet the New Plan, same as the Old Plan.
    The "evidence":
    The rest is just fully generic "exercise is good and recommended for everyone". Hey, it "could be" that the solution to world peace is to give me all the money.

I can't believe medicine is still at the "this one chemical means those very complex behaviors and emotions" phase. Ugh.

RedFox, oldtimer, alktipping and 2 others like this.