News article about long covid research at Karolinska University Hospital, Sweden

Discussion in 'Long Covid news' started by mango, Mar 8, 2023.

1. mango

mango Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Läkare: Vi kan inte bota postcovid, men vi kan lindra
    https://www.dn.se/insidan/lakare-vi-kan-inte-bota-postcovid-men-vi-kan-lindra/

alktipping, Willow, Sean and 10 others like this.
  2. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Literally none of this alleviates symptoms. They're really just describing that some people improve naturally and falsely attribute themselves some merit, the rest is potential research or entirely equivalent to: "so, you lost all your income, so, uh, don't spend on anything, good luck and don't expect any money as help".

In the very most generous interpretation, they took the stuff we've been telling them for decades, which they have rejected, made it a bit worse and pass it as their own. None of this is professional grade, it's not even as good as the original source.

And still zero acknowledgement that this is an old issue, which is what still blocks all progress. Zero respect for us as human beings, they can't even acknowledge the most basic facts of our existence and how their mistreatment and arrogance is why they have nothing to help.

3. mango

mango Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Well, many of them are offered POTS meds, and find them very helpful.

(Meanwhile, I've been suffering from very severe OI for more than a decade, and I still don't have access to meds, let alone proper medical investigations or even a diagnosis.)

ahimsa, Oni, alktipping and 4 others like this.
  4. Shadrach Loom

Shadrach Loom Senior Member (Voting Rights)

That list of symptoms seems to focus very much on cognition and barely considers physical weakness. It mentions dyspnea after walking half a kilometre, but that’s two orders of magnitude over the limits lots of pwME - and, I thought, pwLC - struggle with. It says that people “become sedentary” rather than that they can’t stand up much. Odd.

alktipping, RedFox, Louie41 and 3 others like this.