Nurses and Long-COVID Launch: hosted by Clare Gerada, May 2021

Discussion in 'Long Covid news' started by Sly Saint, May 25, 2021.

1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

2. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

I've watched bits of this. It's about setting up groups for nurses with long covid for mutual support. I get the impression that it's mostly about mental health support. They are going to run the groups with a facilitator for 8 sessions, then have a final webinar. Gerada set up the same thing for doctors with long covid.

3. DokaGirl

DokaGirl Senior Member (Voting Rights)

:laugh::rofl::laugh:

4. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I did a quick skim and there is basically nothing there, nurses talking about the job of health care and why they do that job with a GP who is mostly talking about how important it is to work in health care, or something. It's very generic.

Zero meat on the bone, zero science discussed, don't even talk much about Long Covid, most of it seems focused on the pandemic in general and how it affects health care workers. Patient groups are much more serious in their discussions, but I don't think that was the point here anyway, this is a generic support group labeled Long Covid that doesn't really talk much about LC.

So really I have no idea what the purpose is other than Gerada hearing herself talk about how important her job is and how health care workers should... I don't know something I guess?