Online: Renegade Research 'Research Roundtable', T cell dysfunction in ME/CFS seminar, May 23rd 2024

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research news' started by Jaybee00, May 22, 2024.

1. Jaybee00

Jaybee00 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

bobbler, Kitty, Amw66 and 6 others like this.
  2. Jaybee00

Question.

What is Remission Biome’s role in this? I don’t get it.

bobbler, wingate, Kitty and 4 others like this.
  3. Yann04

Yann04 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Can’t remember which but I think renegade research is “run by” remission biome, or the other way around.

Kitty, Peter Trewhitt and Trish like this.
  4. Jaybee00

Yeah but they are the group telling people they have a secret treatment protocol with antibiotics.

5. Yann04

Yeah I’m not saying I endorse them. Just that that might explain why this renegade research seminar includes remission biome.

6. Jaybee00

On now

Kitty, Peter Trewhitt and Yann04 like this.
  7. Jaybee00

Came on late—she is promoting “inspiratol” maybe I should log off?

Kitty, Peter Trewhitt and Yann04 like this.
  8. Yann04

As far as i know that drug is supposed to decrease inflammation through the microbiome. On ME-pedia it says atleast 2 different clinical trials have been started but none published, I wonder if they will be published in future or it was found to be ineffective.

Given there are no published findings on it, them promoting the drug seems dodgy to me.

Last edited: May 23, 2024
    Kitty, forestglip and Peter Trewhitt like this.
  9. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards Senior Member (Voting Rights)

If it ducks like a quack, there is a high chance...

bobbler, EndME, shak8 and 6 others like this.
  10. Mij

Mij Senior Member (Voting Rights)

We have a thread on inspiritol

A member did post a pic of a duck.

EndME, shak8, Kitty and 2 others like this.
  11. Yann04

I’m saving that picture it’s gold, thanks for bringing it up

12. Jaybee00

I wasn’t really happy with that talk with everyone hyping that likely bogus inspiritol thing.

Sean, EndME, shak8 and 3 others like this.
  13. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

Just even going by the name - inspiritol - makes it sound like snake oil

Michelle, Sean, EndME and 4 others like this.
  14. Kitty

Kitty Senior Member (Voting Rights)

:D

It sounds like bottled NLP.

15. Sean

Sean Moderator Staff Member

One of Oliver Sacks' encephalitis lethargica patients in Awakenings (Leonard L. ?), who responded dramatically to L-Dopa, called it something like Resurrectine.

However, like all the patients who tried the drug, he soon regressed and eventually stopped taking it.

You'd think that was a warning from recent history about inappropriate naming of drugs.

16. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

From the Massachusetts ME/CFS & FM Association newsletter:
    https://massmecfs.org/component/civicrm/?task=civicrm/mailing/view&id=1385&reset=1

Hear Massachusetts Researchers Talk About T-Cell Dysfunction in ME/CFS and Long COVID
    Hosted by Research Renegade/Remission Biome, this roundtable took place on May 24, 2024.

Speakers: Liisa K. Selin, MD, PhD, and Anna Gil, PhD, viral immunologists from the Univ. of Massachusetts Chan Medical School, and Roshan Kumar, PhD, HiFiBiO Therapeutics, a clinical stage global biotech company in Cambridge, MA. These two Massachusetts research teams are working together on a project awarded by the Patient-Led Research Collaborative (PLRC). Also joining are PLRC Patient Representatives Megan L. Fitzgerald, PhD, and Rivka Solomon, MS.

Watch the video here.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2024 at 5:51 PM
    Peter Trewhitt likes this.
  17. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Longer post I found on this:
    T-cell dysfunction in ME/CFS and Long Covid

(Recorded on May 23, 2024)

Video now available

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2FzJ6Md7hE

SPEAKERS

Liisa K. Selin, MD PhD; Anna Gil, PhD, viral immunologists from the University of Massachusetts Chan Medical School (liisa.selin@umassmed.edu and Anna.Gil@umassmed.edu)

Roshan Kumar, PhD, Executive Director, External Innovation, HiFiBiO Therapeutics (r.kumar@hifibio.com)

Megan Fitzgerald and Rivka Solomon, Patient-Led Research Collaborative (PLRC) patient representatives with the above two labs

ABOUT THE ROUNDTABLE

The Selin Lab is a viral immunology lab at UMass Chan focused on understanding human adaptive immune response and T cell response in multiple neuroinflammatory and infection-associated chronic illnesses, such as ME/CFS, long COVID and multiple sclerosis.

HiFiBiO is a clinical stage global biotech company focused on enhancing the probability of success for immunotherapies through its Drug Intelligence Science (DIS®) translational platform.

HiFiBiO and the Selin Lab are working together on a research project awarded by the Patient-Led Research Fund, a project of Patient-Led Research Collaborative (PLRC) and funded by Balvi. HiFiBiO is utilizing its single cell profiling capabilities to analyze samples from Long COVID and ME/CFS patients. Together with the SelinLab, their goal is to acquire deep insights into underlying immune mechanisms of these illnesses and understand the diversity in the patient population that could lead to potential diagnostic biomarkers and therapeutic innovations.

In this roundtable, the Selin Lab also discusses their new paper: Identification of CD8 T-cell dysfunction associated with symptoms in ME/CFS and Long COVID and treatment with a nebulized antioxidant/anti-pathogen agent in a retrospective case series. Paper found here: https://rb.gy/zl5iey

More info about the HiFiBiO-Selin Lab collaboration: https://rb.gy/mrqhgk and https://rb.gy/w91qef

Trish and Peter Trewhitt like this.