Overdosed with coffee - crashed really badly.

Discussion in 'Post-Exertional malaise and fatigue' started by svetoslav80, Dec 6, 2019.

Tags:
  1. svetoslav80

svetoslav80 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Someone knows a dumber method for crashing?

Anna H, MerryB, shak8 and 13 others like this.
  2. Wonko

Wonko Senior Member (Voting Rights)

You could try pushing a car uphill?

That should do it.

coFi94, TiredSam, Anna H and 14 others like this.
  3. Milo

Milo Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Oh dear, why, why why?

MEMarge, Kitty, erin and 4 others like this.
  4. svetoslav80

svetoslav80 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I'm on antidepressants for 4 months now and I'm crashing just as often and as bad as before, only without the feeling of anxiety. What an improvement.

5. Milo

Milo Senior Member (Voting Rights)

That is because antidepressants do not fix ME. It fixes depression. Coffee doesn’t fix ME either i am afraid.

6. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I can not drink regular coffee, otherwise I get really bad panic attacks. Me and caffeine are not friends.

7. Mij

Mij Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Caffeine drains my energy, but if I can stick to 3 cups/week I'm doing ok.

8. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

Decaf only and occasionally otherwise I’m more or less guaranteed a sleepless night and it’s consequences

9. erin

erin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Coffee is like poison to me. I noticed that I am no longer able to eat dark chocolate either, if I eat dark chocolate start panting like an old dog almost as bad as if I drink coffee. Seriously, allergic to dairy no milk choc either! I guess pleasure is not allowed if you have ME.

First, I gave up coffee.
    Then alcohol, then,
    bread and pastries (gluten)
    Cheese (dairy)
    Chocolate

the list is getting longer.

Worst was dairy, I loved cheese. With wine . :cry:

10. Kitty

Kitty Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I must just be used to it, after half a century of a frankly disgraceful cola habit... :whistle:

Given it up a number times for an extended period, but it doesn't make that much difference!

Hope you feel better soon, @svetoslav80.

11. Mij

Mij Senior Member (Voting Rights)

@erin I've noticed lately that the hot chocolate drinks with raw cacao powder are starting to make me feel a little jittery too.

I almost purchased a Nespresso Vertuo coffee machine :nailbiting: but that would have been the point of no return and the end of me!

I guess next will be dairy

12. erin

Oh no! @Mij I hope it's a one off.

13. MEMarge

MEMarge Senior Member (Voting Rights)

My daughter benefits from a daily coffee or Coke (the Cola kind)

14. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

Caffeine makes my heart race and last time I tried more than very weak green tea, made my heart skip beats too. And it keeps me awake and makes me jittery. I don't have any now except the trace in my one cup of very weak green tea a day.

15. erin

Along with the palpitations I feel very nauseous and dizzy if I drink coffee. I don't enjoy decaff at all. And even decaff makes me fell a bit nauseous too.

16. shak8

shak8 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Well, if the coffee was single origin (one finca) Central American light roast then maybe it was worth it?

17. lunarainbows

lunarainbows Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Oh dear I can no longer have coffee tea or chocolate. It gives me panic attacks and with weird heart issues. However I do drink white hot chocolate. It's divine if you like white chocolate.

18. MerryB

MerryB Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Oh dear, maybe try decaf? I have just discovered you can get very nice decaf ground coffee :geek:

My dumbest method of crashing is going downstairs to get a drink, forgetting why I went, going back upstairs with something I didn't need, remembering I need a drink, going back down to get one, forgetting why I went... repeat several times... collapse :rofl: :dead:

19. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Tried that, not strong enough to push a car uphill!

The coffee thing I can relate to (I'm not a coffee drinker, too little caffeine, I feel nothing, more and I can't concentrate and then end up crashing)

20. James Morris-Lent

James Morris-Lent Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Tea really can give me a boost but I think I'm one of those people with terribly slow caffeine metabolism. If I have two cups in a day I can't get to sleep and I still feel it going the next morning. I envy people who can suck down coffee all day if they want and have no problem. Must allow for a much more targeted approach of caffeine hits.

I was eating a lot of dark chocolate for a while but I noticed I was really irritable a lot of the time because of it. For some reason tea doesn't have that effect.

What's strange for me is I drink a black-green tea blend with no trouble. But I got some plain green and got all sorts of palpitations and insomnia and general weird body feelings from that. A family friend with fibromyalgia also reports that green tea specifically gives her palpitations, but apparently black tea is fine.

ladycatlover and Trish like this.