Pharmacogenetics

Discussion in 'Other health news and research' started by Amw66, Aug 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Amw66

Amw66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Since my daughter experienced side effects from drugs that " have no side effects" ( vit D) , and also glucocorticoids with doctors not really interested in digging deeper, i am interested in how genes and environment may affect responses.

We have not done 23and me ( mainly because i don't yet know enough to take much forward), but we did a limited DNA test to guide nutrition. This did confirm some hunches, and i am digging deeper into detoxification and methylation ( both with gene combinations, which if expressed would be significant)

For those struggling with histamine and P450 system issues , both Holland and Australia, have pharmacy guidelines gor those with genetic expression that alters the drug dosage guidelines.
    I am not endorsing self medicating, but there is info which could be very relevant and worth discussing with your doctor/ consultant.

www.pharmgkb.org/guidelines

https://cpicpgx.org/guidelines/

Edit - added second link

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    Inara and Trish like this.
  2. Inara

Inara Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks for those links, @Amw66! I had a WGS analysis and some detoxification genes analyzed, and there were some relevant mutations/deletions. So this may be helpful.

Amw66 likes this.
  3. Amw66

Amw66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Hopefully your doctor will be interested too ..

Inara likes this.