POTS – More Evidence That it is Autoimmune

Discussion in ''Conditions related to ME/CFS' news and research' started by John Mac, Sep 28, 2018.

1. John Mac

John Mac Senior Member (Voting Rights)

2. Mij

Mij Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Is POTS an Autoimmune Disorder?

Autonomic experts now agree that positivity for ganglionic nicotinic antibodies at low titer (i.e., below 0.2 nmol/L) has no clinical relevance for POTS, as these can be detected in up to 5% of healthy controls

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10286-019-00661-5

MEMarge and adambeyoncelowe like this.
  3. Hoopoe

Hoopoe Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Interesting that it mentions piloerection.

I had a lot of inappropriate and long lasting piloerection (often with shivering) a few months after onset of tachycardia that would later be diagnosed as related to POTS. Toghether with suspected small fiber neuropathy. With widespread but superficial (as in close to skin) burning hot pain, and random pain in various places, and muscle twitching.

Urinary retention, no, but on some occasions I found it a little more difficult to retain urine. It seemed that muscles that prevent outflow of urine weren't closing as tight as normally. But that improved and it's not an issue.

Hypertension no. Still tending towards blood pressure that is on the low side. Something I noticed was orthostatic narrowing of pulse pressure.

(not a complete list)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    Mij likes this.