Report: (ME/CFS) Services in Scotland: Findings from an analysis of surveys issued to NHS Boards in Autumn 2022

Discussion in 'UK clinics and doctors' started by Andy, May 19, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

"This report analyses survey responses from ten NHS Health Boards in Scotland to understand delivery of ME/CFS services, implementation of the updated ME/CFS NICE guidelines, barriers and opportunities to implementing the guidelines, and options for future ME/CFS service development."

https://www.gov.scot/publications/m...alysis-surveys-issued-nhs-boards-autumn-2022/

MEAction Scotland on Twitter

"This week, @scotgovhealth published findings from an analysis of surveys issued to NHS Health Boards in Autumn 2022, to understand existing support for #pwME (or lack of, as we would argue) and implementation of the 2021 NICE guideline."

"Pleased to see the publication of the report, & the acknowledgement that the survey was a direct result of #MEAction Scotland's meeting with the then Cabinet Secretary for Health, @HumzaYousaf. We'll be calling on @MathesonMichael & @jenni_minto to take this work forward."

"Disappointing to see that 4 Health Boards chose not to respond - @NHSHighland, the largest Board geographically, @NHS_Lothian, one of few identified as having a specific support pathway, @NHSaaa & @NHSGrampian. Also, not all of the 10 who did respond answered all questions."

"We'll go through the report in detail & share a full response when we can (many of us are recovering from last week), but it's clear it conveys the inconsistent approach to #MyalgicE across #Scotland & supports our call for @scotgov funding to increase education & resource."

2. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

It's great that this report has been made. Understanding the problem is the first step to fixing it.
    MEAction Scotland have done very well. When I went to make the link to the News from Scotland thread, I saw that MEAction Scotland has been consistently working towards this since at least 2021. :thumbup:

On the twitter thread, someone notes
    That's NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde. Disappointing indeed.

Also on the twitter thread, MEAction Scotland say that they are calling for a patient survey to go alongside the report. That would support or cast doubt on the claims the NHS Health Boards are making, and add further information.

Last edited: May 19, 2023
    RedFox, bobbler, NelliePledge and 4 others like this.
  3. InitialConditions

InitialConditions Senior Member (Voting Rights)

4. Amw66

Amw66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde use the former Homeopathy hospital relabelled as a centre for integrative care . Perhaps not so surprising LP is part of this.