Scotland: Dr Claire Taylor - ME/CFS and Long Covid

Discussion in 'UK clinics and doctors' started by Amw66, Mar 14, 2024.

1. Amw66

Amw66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2024
    MEMarge, bobbler, Hutan and 13 others like this.
  2. Fainbrog

Fainbrog Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Watched it over the course of the evening yesterday, it's a very powerful evidence session and great that Dr. Taylor kept referring to ME in terms of the LC symptoms and, importantly, the history.

MEMarge, bobbler, Hutan and 16 others like this.
  3. Sean

Sean Moderator Staff Member

bobbler, Ash, Peter Trewhitt and 4 others like this.
  4. Amw66

yes it is

bobbler, Hutan, Ash and 6 others like this.
  5. SNT Gatchaman

SNT Gatchaman Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I'll post this in this thread rather than a POTS-specific thread. Dr Taylor on Twitter on the subject of POTS.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1791647226181067031.html

Selected —

bobbler, alktipping, Hutan and 11 others like this.
  6. Amw66

There were also some interesting extrapolations on numbers affected and likely to get affected as people have multiple infections .

MEMarge, bobbler, Kitty and 5 others like this.
  7. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Join the dots. Unfortunately, the dots are too close to one another and that means that it can't be right. Or something like that.

No, it has to be the super convoluted explanation that makes no sense whatsoever. Sometimes it's the dots farthest away from one another that make sense. Clearly. Or something like that.

bobbler, Sean, Eleanor and 4 others like this.
  8. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

It's an interesting listen - the perspective of a doctor with some experience of ME/CFS and with some sympathy and understanding who reacts to the absence of NHS Long Covid care, and her inability to provide such care within the NHS by setting up a private practice.

On the whole, very good and a useful advocate for people with post-viral syndromes. I quibble at the usual things, the likely over-confidence in her ability to treat symptoms and the whole condition, and in her knowledge of what is causing the problem. But, she's treated more patients than I have, so perhaps she has seen enough immediate recoveries after a particular treatment to have that confidence. And, she does stress that we don't know enough and need trials, and we don't just need to be told to get off the couch.

Last edited: May 20, 2024
    Old Monkey, MEMarge, bobbler and 5 others like this.