Spirometry test results - what do they mean ?

Discussion in 'Cardiovascular and exercise physiology (CPET)' started by Dechi, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Dechi

Dechi Senior Member (Voting Rights)

i haven’t talked to my doc yet and don’t know what these results mean.

Should I look at the column “ REF” or “PRE” ? If REF all is normal, and if PRE, lots of anomalies I suppose ?

Anyone can help ?

[​IMG]

Binkie4 likes this.
  2. Amw66

Amw66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

We didn't get a copy of my daughter's. Noted as " inconclusive" as the amount of breath eas not consistent enough ( is this not oart of the reason to do this?).
    Nurse also did not believe that she was trying her hardest- she simply could not exhale over a long timeframe - ran out of puff.
    No follow up - she' s becoming a conundrum.
    I'll try and get a copy of the results for comparison

Dechi likes this.
  3. Dechi

How frustrating and sickening ! At one point the technician had me start over because I wasn’t blowing hard enough.

I tried to look online but I’m not medically educated enough to be sure. From what I understand, I think I have CPOD, either mild or moderate.

Binkie4 likes this.
  4. Amw66

Amw66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I hope that you get something positive out of this, and treatment if required.

Binkie4, healthforall and Dechi like this.
  5. Inara

Inara Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I would have to check my documents, but I slightly remember that the FEV value was important. I think it was slightly decreased, and there was another test, and I was told I have asthma (or more accurate: hyper-reactive bronchial system, a pre-level of asthma). At that time I really had trouble getting air. I get cortisone spray and it helps.

Why do you think you have COPD?

Dechi and Binkie4 like this.
  6. Dechi

I have chronic asthma, and also too much carbon dioxide upon exertion, so I suppose that’s why.

Trish and Inara like this.