Sympathetic Nervous System (SNS) issues ?

Discussion in 'General and other signs and symptoms' started by Amw66, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Amw66

Amw66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Over the past 3-4 weeks my daughter seems to have developed a SNS stuck in overdrive. It is not sustainable, making things worse.

I have a call with GP this morning, but am not sure what can be used to support/ address things. If anyone has been in a similar position and has any pointers , i' d be very grateful.
    Our GP is empathetic and will refer on / prescribe.

Key issue is sleep. She is wired but tired- exhausted but cannot tip over into sleep. Not sleeping until 4/5/6/7 am and then only lightly for a few hours.
    We had been prescribed phenergen previously which made her feel sleepier but didn' t actually induce sleep. It also made her feel that her insides were burning the first couple of times she took it.

Pain increased ( as sleep poor) . Muscles tight, neck stiff and sore extending to muscle attachments in head / on shoulders. This makes background headache worse.

Lymphs like rocks

Dizziness increased - both generally but also developed the " being on a rocky boat" feeling

Heart feels as though it is racing - but it is not

Adrenaline on " on"

Anxious - impending doom / edge of panic attack. Crying just ramps up headache x10 and provides no relief.

It seems like being on a permanent fight or flight mode.

Previous symptoms, particularly around period suggest estrogen imbalance , @JaimeS ' s vitex agnus castus has been a great discovery for air hunger and pre menstrual symptoms and has helped.
    Sleep ( no sleep) started being
    an issue at beginning/ end of menses, had been less of an issue, now is a general issue.

She does have signs that H. Pylori/ SIBO may be prevalent and i will request testing. She had H. Pylori 18 months ago.

She is just stuck in this horrible loop and it is not good at all.

shak8, Annamaria, Pyrrhus and 4 others like this.