The challenges and implementations of exercise therapy for patients with chronic fatigue syndrome

Discussion in 'Psychosomatic news - ME/CFS and Long Covid' started by Dolphin, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

inox, WillowJ, Inara and 3 others like this.
  2. JemPD

JemPD Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I skimmed it, it's grim.

But it's exactly what you would expect of a competent & compassionate med student who trusts cochrane... as he's been taught to.

inox, WillowJ, pteropus and 7 others like this.
  3. BruceInOz

BruceInOz Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I don't think it will be of interest to anyone here. It is an uncritical review of the Larun et al. Cochrane review rhat sounds like it was written for a medical student assignment (and was finished just in time for the due date without time for proofreading!)

The final paragraph sums up his/her takeaway from the Larun review.

inox, WillowJ, pteropus and 7 others like this.
  4. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

I wrote a comment on the blog linking to Mark Vink's paper analysing Cochrane, and to Brian Hughes latest blog about 'eminence based medicine'. It hasn't appeared yet, so I assume is waiting for the blog writer to decide whether to post it.

Indigophoton, Andy, inox and 19 others like this.
  5. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

Well, well. Sometimes taking the time to inform people pays off. The author of this blog has responded, read the material I sent him, thanked me and added a new section to the end of his essay. If you are reading this, Andreas Astier, thank you. I'm so pleased to see a medical student willing to learn like this.

6. MEMarge

MEMarge Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Well done Trish.

7. inox

inox Senior Member (Voting Rights)

:thumbup:

That's amazing, I skimmed through the blog when first posted here - it's now a very different story told.

And thank you Astier, for both beeing open to new information and helping spreading it - it's so very much needed.

:)