The Sick Times: A journalist-founded website chronicling the Long Covid crisis

Discussion in 'Long Covid news' started by SNT Gatchaman, Nov 15, 2023.

1. SNT Gatchaman

SNT Gatchaman Senior Member (Voting Rights)

https://thesicktimes.org/

We report on the common, life-changing disease following Covid-19 infection that affects over 65 million people worldwide and can be fatal. Our coverage spans related infection-associated chronic conditions such as myalgic encephalomyelitis, dysautonomia, mast cell activation syndrome, and more. Unlike many outlets, we continue to report on the impact of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. No denial, minimizing, or gaslighting here.

Join us as we investigate injustices, challenge powerful institutions, wield through the latest research, assess Covid-19 data, and offer a platform for those most affected by the crisis.

Betsy Ladyzhets and Miles Griffis

Last edited: Nov 15, 2023
  2. SNT Gatchaman

SNT Gatchaman Senior Member (Voting Rights)

3. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

Thanks SNT, it looks useful. There's a reader's survey asking for ideas for stories and resources.

I mentioned the Cochrane issue (and the petition), as well as the trend for ME/CFS to be disappeared, replaced with diagnoses of Long Covid and psychosomatic Functional Disorders. And this forum.

4. Ash

Ash Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Some good news phew thanks @SNT Gatchaman.

Good shout @Hutan, we could really do with the help. Perhaps @dave30th may encourage them on Cochrane coverage also?!

5. Ash

Ash Senior Member (Voting Rights)

@dave30th interviewed Betsy Ladyzhets for his podcast a while back I recall.

6. dave30th

dave30th Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Yes, and I'm interviewing both Betsy and Miles about the new publication on Monday...

7. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member (Voting Rights)

8. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Copied post

David M Tuller
    The Launch of The Sick Times, a new online publication

Presentation:
    In mid-November, Betsy Ladyzhets and Miles Griffis, two smart, young journalists, announced the launch of The Sick Times (https://thesicktimes.org/), an online publication focused on long Covid and related syndromes, including ME/CFS. I have met both of them in the last couple of years and have been impressed with work covering the pandemic, so I’m really looking forward to seeing how The Sick Times evolves. (I interviewed Ladyzhets earlier this year about her investigation of the U.S. National Institutes of Health’s RECOVER program for long Covid, which was published by STAT.) I talked with Ladyzhets and Griffis the other day about why they started The Sick Times, their plans for the publication, and related issues.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2023
  9. Yann04

Yann04 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The Sick times is hiring two part time writers, and accepting pitches for Commentary/analysis pieces on Long Covid. 400-1200$ is paid per piece.

I personally don’t have enough energy to contribute, but for some people here (a lot of you are really smart and have some interesting ideas to share), this could be a great opportunity.

See: https://thesicktimes.org/write-for-us-part-time-opportunities/

Last edited: May 10, 2024
    Solstice, EzzieD, Hutan and 7 others like this.