UK: Cheap Energy Club from MoneySavingExpert.com

Discussion in 'Work, Finances and Disability Insurance' started by Andy, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

One of the annual drains on my energy has been checking to see if the electricity and gas deal that we were on is competitive. For a number of years now I've been a member of the Cheap Energy Club, which simplifies this process - you tell it your details, including your current deal and when your current deal expires, assuming you were on a fixed term deal, it will present you with a variety of options. I always shop around as well to double check and it's been very rare for me to find a better deal elsewhere. If you are happy with a particular deal that is being suggested then it is really easy to switch. So I like it as it means I use less personal energy to get a good deal on my household energy.

I have no affiliation other than being a user of the service, I get nothing for recommending it.

The full options, from the link below:

1. Just compare tariffs for me: Here we will, for free, compare the whole market for you.

2. Help me pick a tariff: Here we will, for free, compare the whole market for you AND select the top tariffs for you based on your priorities.

3. Help me pick a tariff AND autoswitch me yearly: Here we will, for free, compare the whole market for you AND select the top tariffs for you based on your priorities AND annually switch you to your top tariff – just approve with a click.

https://clubs.moneysavingexpert.com/cheapenergyclub

ETA: Added "why I like it" sentence.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
    alktipping, Barry, Kitty and 2 others like this.
  2. Daisymay

Daisymay Senior Member (Voting Rights)

We've used the cheap energy club for some years too and I agree it's good. Likewise, no affiliations other than using it.

3. Kitty

Kitty Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It looks great – my only reason for not joining when they launched it was that I qualify for the Warm Home Discount under the Broader Group, but not every company offers it. It's £140 a year, so it'd be hard to find a supplier who could save me more than that to make it worth my while.

alktipping, Simbindi, Trish and 2 others like this.